November 19, 2007

Scarecrow Day


Jenna had Scarecrow Day at school on November 2nd. I know, it is almost a month behind, but as working parents, a month behind is progress, you see the amount of scrapbook stuff I have just waiting for "free time." So I spent 2 days worth of lunch hour time trying to find overalls for my size 7 five year old. Do they make overalls for that size, no. I blame Jason for her height.

The night before we finally set out for the stores for an outfit. Thanks to OshKosh B'Gosh at Grapevine Mills we were able to find an overall skirt on sale as well as a flannel boys shirts on clearance. While Jenna and I were at OshKosh Jason and Jackson were at Burlington trying to find a cheap straw hat. Then we had to make a made dash to north Flower Mound to Hobby Lobby for accessories. I walked in at 7:59 pm and was able to find what a needed. By 9:00 pm we had a scarecrow outfit. Not my finest work, but at last minute, it worked.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

CCA or Thrift World in Lewisville usually has a big selection of tall girl clothes, including scarecrow garb. We have the same size 7 five-year-old here.