This year for Thanksgiving we had dinner at our house. Jason loves to cook the turkey and he did something new. It was yummy but when he first put the turkey in some smoke started coming from the oven. I can only suspect it was because I probably needed to clean the oven. My oven doesn't have self cleaner and to be realistic, we don't use it that much. Eventually we will buy a new one with a self cleaner. Anyway, the kitchen was smokey and when you already have allergies your eyes tend to water a lot. We had the doors and windows open for most of the morning so we basically froze out everyone.
Here are the kids prior to the feast. They were serving us with the play kitchen food. Reese was really the only one who ate but that is probably because she didn't know to question what was on her plate. We had all then had our naps until the Cowboys game.
After the game Dee Ann and I took the older girls to see "Enchanted". It was a cute little movie (PG - not for little girls) that pokes fun at the Disney fairytales as only Disney can do. It was fun to get out of the house.
The next day Mom and I decided that we would get up to go to Kohls at 4 am, but when the alarm went off we decided there wasn't anything there that we needed to get up at 4 am to purchase. This year we were really lucky that I found the "big" presents prior to Thanksgiving. Mom and Dad watched the kids while Jason and I worked. Well Jason really only worked part of the day since it was the last day of his old job. I went to listen to the game on my MP3 player but the battery was dead. Try to log onto the UT radio station but apparently we have a deal with Yahoo Sports, which is blocked by our firewall, so I had to listen to the Aggie Network. I was so confused that I just had to listen to the crowd noise to determine which team they were talking about scoring. I was home for the last quarter of the game, just in time to see our beloved 'Horns lose to the Aggies. Oh well, our luck finally ran out. There is always next year.
I always think back to my senior year when we only lost to UCLA 66-3 and we started out at the 20 yard line row 30 and ended up at the 50 yard line at the first row because everyone left. That was the year after we won the big 12, we beat OU in the rain at the Cotton Bowl and Kansas in the cold. We were beat by everyone and pretty badly. I think Baylor even beat us that year. So at least we aren't that bad. What a difference 10 years (and a better coach) can make.
Once everyone regrouped from the game we went to Bass Pro to watch the fish. Granddaddy had promised the kids if they were good that he would take them to the fish. They watched the fish for what felt like 30 minutes. They had the reindeer out pulling Santa's sleigh. It was fun. Jenna then proceeded to tell that eating animals is wrong. Don't know what television show told her that, but we had to explain that God created animals for various reasons. To provide meat, to provide clothing, medicine, etc. I don't need a 5 year vegetarian. This is the same girl that when she went to Bass Pro the last time with my parents asked when we were going to take her hunting.
All in all it was a great Thanksgiving weekend!



1 comment:
Too funny! Sounds like you had a great time.
Post a Comment