I always take the week off for my birthday, just because who wants to work on their birthday. I traveled to see my parents in San Angelo and took Jackson for some Granddaddy / G Mommy time. Jackson loves going outside with my Dad and since it is fall it is time to pick up pecans. So Jackson learned to "pick up nuts" as he called it. He also likes going into the shed that looks like a red barn. Every time he would go near it he would say "Old MacDonald got a farm." No matter how many times we corrected him it was still the same phrase.
One afternoon my Mom and I decided that we would go Christmas shopping but for some reason Jackson ended up being with us. We happen to stumble upon a particular Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the Clearance Aisle and it magically appeared in the basket with Jackson. Well he was glued to the box and did not want to let it out of his sight to even check out. So my Mom and I started thinking of ways to wiggle out this now impossible situation.
Our minds popped back to this time last year when Jenna and I went to Branson with my parents. There was a Christmas Village and one of the stores the owner looked and dressed like Santa. He would hand out an ornament to the kids and a business card to the parents. He would tell the kids that he was giving his number to their parents to call if they were bad. So the story began. "G Mommy has Santa's number and she is going to call and let him know not to make this Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and to pick it up from her." We pull into the driveway and he wants his Mickey Mouse out the car. I told him that Santa already picked it up and it wasn't in the car. His jaw dropped and he asked, "my Mickey Mouse is in the sky with Santa?" If he only knew that it was in Old MacDonald's Farm.



No comments:
Post a Comment