March 28, 2008

Egg Drop Soup


Today was the Kindergarten's egg drop. Each kid was allowed a 7 x 7 x 7 package to protect their egg during a drop off the roof. Jason was confident that he could "help" Jenna package her egg so it wouldn't break during the drop. Jason won this challenge in elementary school and was allowed to test his egg package off the tower at Six Flags. So we found a Hallmark box and put a whole package of cotton balls around her egg. Ta Da - her egg didn't break. I credit the Hallmark box. Jenna had a sense of accomplishment that she was one of the few that didn't break. What I think is so funny is that she kept the egg in the baggie outside of the box in her backpack going to daycare and going to home and it didn't break until Jason took it out of the refrigerator after this picture.

3 comments:

Jennifer W said...

I just want to note that this packaging idea came from Jenna and not me. Here is the conversation

me: If you were jumping off your bed what would you want to land on?

Jenna: My pillow

me: What is inside a pillow?

Jenna: Cotton?

I just asked leading questions to help her come to a good conclusion.

Jason

Julie said...

Jason,
We know it was your idea.
Don't worry. Last year, Dean packaged Kaitlyn's and it didn't break. He even "built" the box that the egg would sit in. :)

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's hilarious! I've never heard of anyone doing that before ... what a fun school experiment! Congrats Jenna!