June 9, 2009

End of 1st Grade

The last week of school was a busy one for Jenna. On Tuesday she had her award ceremony. She received a ribbon for the "A" Honor Roll and a ribbon for Citizenship. She was a little bummed about not getting perfect attendance, but I kept trying to remind her that the half day she missed she was at Disney World. It is funny how quickly they forget.



Then on Thursday she read her published story to her class. Jason was able to attend.



Here is her story:

How to Make a Fashion Design

My name is Katie. One day I was wondering, “How do I make a fashion design?” I did not know because I had never tried. I asked my friend Jenny “Can you help me?” “Yes!” said Jenny. Jenny helped me learn how to make a fashion design and I kept designing and designing.
Then I became a fashion designer. With Jenny’s help I kept designing. Polka dots, stripes, paisleys, plain, or anything I can design it.
One day a famous model came and saw my fashion designs. Then she asked me if I wanted my designs to be in her fashion show. Then I also became famous!

Everybody began wearing my fashion designs, and I was happy.

I had to make more and more designs for everybody. I became very tired. I was glad I had my friend Jenny to help me.

In her biography portion of the book she has decided not only is she going to be an ice skater when she grows up but she is also going to be an ice skater for Disney World. Not sure how that will turn out, but we will see.

Then since she had ballet rehearsal Friday afternoon I was able to pick her up the last day of school. Here is Jenna and her fabulous teacher. Can't believe my baby is going to be in second grade!

No comments: