April 4, 2008

Spring is upon us

There is one thing that my father instilled in me was always put your cars in the garage. Well we have a small house and with a small house you have to purge every so often to make room for other stuff. My purge time is normally around the kids' birthdays in March. Well one of the cars was outside this morning when our whole house awoke to hail hitting the house. Jenna woke up about the time the tornado sirens went off. Jackson just slept through the hail and through sitting crammed in the closet. I felt like I was playing hide-and-seek sitting so still waiting to hear if anything was heading our way.

I hate tornados - something that followed me from living in West Texas. It reminds me of when the tornado hit Fort Worth we were living in Euless and I took my prize possessions (wedding album, wedding video, and pictures of my grandparents/great-grandmother) to the DFW airport where Jason was working. Of course this was pre-9/11so you could just roam without a boarding pass. I figured it was safer there than in an apartment.

Trying to explain hail while in a small closet with a dog and a sleeping child is difficult at 3:15 in the morning. After things past we saved some hail for Jenna to understand what woke us up so early in the morning. Glad everyone is ok and that you understand the tireness that my family felt today!

3 comments:

Jennifer Butler said...

so sorry your car was outside - not fun!!! :(

Julie said...

Ah Man - too bad your car wasn't save and sound in your garage.

Glad that night is over.

Amanda said...

Did your car suffer damage? Our garage is full waiting for the neighborhood sale, so I can relate.