
OK, you wouldn't think that I was a girly girl. I don't like pantyhose, dresses or makeup. However, there are times that I pull out the girl card. Jason and I are going to England and France for our 10th Anniversary. Something that we were going to do before kids when Jason had flight benefits but there was a little thing called graduate school in the way. Anyway, because we are both planners (just look at our Disney count down on the right) we have been DVRing the Travel channel for things to do so that we can plan out our vacation. So we have England down on the have-to-sees and now it is on to France. I do like to pull out the girl card whenever we are in new places. That is because Jason "always" knows where he is going. Even when we ended up in New Jersey somehow he still knew where he was going. The problem with pulling the girl card on part of the trip is that I took French in high school. Granted I had my cheerleading sponsor as a teacher but none the less I actually remember pieces of it. Jason keeps telling me that I am going to have to communicate when we are in France - not the girl card. What he doesn't realize is when I went to Russia all I learned was how to read Women's Toilet and how to say it besides the basic yes and no. I am thinking the Texas accent might be a giveaway that we are tourists. What do you think?
Jason did say that he would communicate whenever we are in Mexico. After many business trips to border Mexico I don't know exactly when he thinks we will be heading to Mexico. So all those out there that read this blog, any tips on getting by with minimal French? Also, any have-to-see for England or France are welcomed too.



4 comments:
No suggestions, but sounds like fun!
I have a Langenscheidt Fr/Eng dictionary that I used constantly when I was in Paris and Nice. I can loan it to you. "Sortie" is the sign for exit when you get off the Metro, for whih you should buy the pass. When you take the Metro to the Eiffel tower, look up as you approach. The base is hidden behind bushes. Street venders will be very rude to you if you say, "Ou est le Tour Eiffel?" (Where is the Eiffel Tower?) to them and they're standing in front of it. I know from personal experience. Buy crepes from the street vendors -- the are some between the Seine and the Tower. The line at Notre Dame is usually long and slow, but there's a lovely garden nearby and the famous bookstalls are in its shadow across the Seine. Cross the bridge at the front and buy postcards at least. Eat Pain Chocolate from a Boulangerie. Princess Diana died at the Pont de l'Alma bridge underpass. See le Tour Eiffel at night. You get into l'Arc de Triomphe through an underground passage -- DO NOT cross the roundabout or you will die. There's a museum inside at the top. The modern l'Arc is straight up the Champs Elysees in modern Paris, and the Paris eye (Ferris Wheel) is up there also. If you miss home while you're there, there's a McDonalds on the Champs Elysees. Buy yourself a Big Mac.
Et aussi, je suis tres jalouse!
You probably already know this....
Disney Adventures goes to England & France! What better way to see these places than Disney style (especially as much as you love Disney).
Here is the website:
http://abd.disney.go.com/abd/en_US/region?name=NorthernEuropeOverviewPage
Post a Comment