January 1, 2008

January 1, 1998 - "Yes!"



10 years ago today Jason and I got engaged. We were serving as adult sponsors for a youth ski trip to Aspen, Colorado with my church back home. We spent New Year's Eve at a lock in that the convention was having that included bounce house gladiator and various other fun stuff after having worship. The next day we spent the day skiing Aspen. It was so much fun. My sister and her future husband Brad and I took Jason down his first black diamond run and he was the first to fall. This made him mad so he decided that he would speed down the mountain. Now the funny thing was that after that fall he didn't fall again. Brad, Dee Ann and I all fell at least once. After we made it down the mountain he decided that we would rest at one of the lodges. We were sitting on a picnic bench and I was taking pictures and as I was taking a picture of the mountain (not sure why as I think back) I noticed that Jason was down on one knee. I hadn't heard a word of his speech but I did say yes.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

How neat -- what a sweet memory! Happy New Year, friend!

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary (a little late).
How sweet.

amy said...

So cool! We got engaged on New Year's Day in 1997! :o) Glad I found your blog...