Today Jenna had the opportunity of voting in her first mock Presidential Election at school. Since the primaries Jason has talked to Jenna about the election process and how history is taking place this year with the different candidates. He actually did a good job of explaining it at a first grader level without telling her one party is better than another. I asked her yesterday who she was going to vote for and all she said was Sarah Palin. She couldn't remember anyone else's name.
I couldn't help but think back to my first mock Presidential Election in 1980. I was in Kindergarten and I voted for Jimmy Carter. According to my parents I could tell you Jimmy Carter was the President at anytime if asked.
Today when I asked who won the election she said that McCain beat Obama (although she struggle to say his name right) by 5 votes. Who knows, maybe the first graders of the world can predict better than the polls? Jason would say it is the Halloween costume predictor?
October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Interesting turn of events in the
1st grade class.
Wonder what will really happen.
I have an idea and I am not too happy about it
Post a Comment